Are you fed up with a dealer putting forth second class luxury cars as a good one?
If yes, then you have come to the right place to know more about it.
Lack of trust between buyers and dealers is a big issue that creates a hindrance in buying a second-hand car. The authenticity and longevity of the second-hand car are the main sources of concern for any buyer.
But no worries.
Autohangar Advantage has a highly experienced workforce team that does in dept vetting and ensures each part of the car is of good quality.
So the purpose of this second-hand car buying guide is to create awareness and conduct a prerequisite check before buying any pre-owned luxury car.
5 things to check in this second-hand car buying guide before buying the car:
1. A thorough inspection of the 2nd hand Mercedes Car and its paper:
Before the purchase of the car, it's better to come up with a checklist. This helps in identifying whether key components are in good condition or not.
Below are some of the pointers for 2nd hand Mercedes:
• A thorough inspection of the car helps in identifying the accidents or claims of the previous owner. One of the ways to check if no claim bonus (NCB) percentage is by referring to the NCB slab of the insurance. So, the higher NCB, the better is for the car.
• Investigate the registration papers and ensure engine number and chassis no. match the number in the papers.
• Investigate whether all filters (air, fuel, transmission, and oil) need regular cleaning and oiling. Failing to do this can affect the performance of the car significantly.
• Always check the quality of the brakes by driving the second-hand car at 40-50 kph in less traffic area. Especially look out for any vibration, strange and squealing noise from the brake pedal.
• Check the tires carefully. Especially check for any wear and tears in tyres.
• Check under the hood for signs of damage, dents or rust.
2. Transfer the Registration Certificate (RC) of the second-hand car in your name:
Transfer of RC to your name is a long process.
But worry not.
Below we have listed the process of RTO:
• If the car is registered in a different jurisdiction from yours, then a NOC from that jurisdiction's RTO will help in speeding the process.
• RTO Form 29 & Form 30 should be submitted in your RTO jurisdiction.
• The form should be signed by both the previous owner and the current owner.
• After submission, the local RTO initiates the transfer.
• Then you will receive a receipt within 15-18 days and the name-changed RC copy by the 40th-45th day.
3. Get the 2nd hand Mercedes car insurance in your name:
Most second-hand buyers are unaware of the transfer of insurance. This is usually done through an insurance company, an agent of the company or a broker who can help you with the process. For this, a photocopy of the receipts/form 29/30 can be used to apply for the name transfer.
4. Transference of No Claim Bonus (NCB) of 2nd hand Mercedes:
The NCB cannot be transferred like insurance. As NCB is issued in the name of the previous vehicle owner. The new owner has to pay the difference on account of the NCB for the balance policy period.
5. Secure your 2nd hand Mercedes car before the first drive:
Secure all the checkpoints before taking the car for its first drive. This includes a thorough clean-up of the interior and exterior of the car, checking fluids or oil of the car, and checking if the car needs quick fixes( Fix lights, spark plugs etc.)
How can Autohangar help you?
Hope this guide helped you realize the importance of a checklist before buying a second hand car. In Auto Hangar Advantage, we provide you with add-ons on every second hand car purchase. Some of the add-ons are verified vehicle history, advantage assurance, on-road assistance, thorough inspection and car evaluation with 139 checkpoints, a 7-day return policy, on-road assistance, and a 1-year warranty. For more information, you can find it on our website or call us for assistance.
Also Read: Everything you should know about Pre-owned BMW X5 Xdrive30d today
Also Read: Factors To consider To Maintain Your Vehicle's Resale Value
Also Read: Own a Second Hand Luxury Car Under 20 Lakh?: It's Not as Difficult as You Think